Lives in Hermosa Beach
10 years old
Hermosa Valley School – 5th Grade
Sponsors: Spyder Surfboards and Rip Curl
Surfs on a 4’6” Custom Spyder Board
“My dad says I can’t lose as long as I’m having fun.”
- What do you eat in the morning to fire you up to go surf?
In the morning I eat eggs, bacon and bagels. If we head down south, my mom packs me a breakfast burrito.
- What’s your favorite color and why?
Lime green and electric blue. Those are the colors I have chosen for my last two surfboards.
- Where do you surf locally? Where is your favorite place to surf and why?
Locally, I like to surf my home break which is Longfellow in Hermosa Beach.
- What are the beats that motive you to surf?
Fireball by Pitbull and anything by the Beastie Boys
- What are your favorite maneuvers on a surfboard?
My favorite maneuvers on my board is when I do a few good cutbacks as I build up speed to finish with a good air.
- What’s the most valuable thing your coach has taught you?
Jamie Meistrell has taught me to bend my legs more when doing turns and Warren Kushner instructs me on wave positioning for my heats in contests.
My dad says I can’t lose as long as I’m having fun.
- Who do you surf with?
My dad, Joey Samuelian, Warren and Kai Kushner, Kelly Murphy and Teddy Stravopolos
- What’s your favorite local restaurant?
El Gringo in Hermosa Beach for the enchiladas and La Penita for carne asada tacos.
- What contests do you like surfing in and what is the best result you have gotten?
I surf in the South Bay Boardriders Contests, the WSA and the NSSA. My best result was coming in first for the entire season in 2014 in the SBBC Micro Grom Division. This year, I made it into a few of the finals in both the WSA and NSSA contests.
- What’s your favorite movie and actor?
Paul Walker and Vin Diesel in the Fast and Furious movies.
- Who are your favorite surfers?
My favorite surfers are probably Gabriel Medina because he does huge airs and Kelly Slater because he does nice carves and because he is an all around good surfer.
- Where did you learn to surf? Where did you first stand-up on a surfboard?
I learned to surf mostly at Seaside in Cardiff-by-the-Sea on our annual surf/camping trips. That is where I first stood up on a surfboard when I was 3 years old.