“I love to surf dude.”
Q and A
Age: 11, School: MBMS, Sponsors: Spyder Surfboards and RipCurl
1. What do you eat in the morning to fire you up to go surf?
Before a morning session, I eat a Triple Chocolate Power Crunch protein energy bar then I usually come home and eat another breakfast!
2.What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is Orange because it is bright and colorful.
3. Where do you surf locally? Where is your favorite place to surf and why?
I live in Manhattan Beach, so my local break is El Porto which can be really fun to surf because there are so many good sandbars. My FAVORITE place to surf is a secret spot in Mexico.
4. What are the beats that motive you to surf?
The beats that get me most pumped up before surfing are Loud by Mac Miller and Bullet Train by Stephen Swartz.
5. What are your favorite maneuvers on a surfboard?
My favorite maneuvers on a surfboard are really nice carves or really big airs….I’m still working on the big airs!
6. What’s the most valuable thing your coach has taught you?
The most valuable thing my coach has taught me is to work on keeping my weight towards my back foot, opening up my shoulders, and to always have fun.
7. Who do you surf with?
I surf with a lot of different people but mostly with Kelly Murphy, Jake Rosenberg, Chris Broman, Finn Bertino, Beck Adler, and Teddy Stavropoulos.
8. What is your favorite local restaurant?
9. What contests do you like surfing in and what is the best result you have gotten?
I like surfing in the South Bay Boardriders, NSSA, and WSA. The Boardriders contests are super fun because all my friends are there and I don’t have to drive far. The NSSA and WSA are great too because I get to surf so many different breaks all over CA and get to see kids I don’t get to see a lot. My best result is first place and I won Kolohe Andino’s old board!!
10. What’s your favorite movie and actor?
11.Who are your favorite surfers?
My favorite surfers are Gabriel Medina, he does huge airs, and Mick Fanning because he has so much power and nice carves
12.Where did you learn to surf? Where did you first stand-up on a surfboard?